This blog is not associated with Cricut, Creative Memories, Make The Cut! or any other company. It is simply the efforts of a scrapbooker who wants to share some of her favorite things. All content on this blog is of my own opinion and may be shared freely - but please do not claim credit for the content as your own.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SBC+, MTC! and Cricut = One Happy Scrapper!

Combining the best of many worlds! I love CM products – use them 99% of the time – the big exception being non CM tools – especially die cutting systems/machines.

I began my die cutting obsession ;) with Sizzix – bought a ton Sizzix and Sizzlit dies but then upgraded to a Wishblade. I loved being able to design my own files, use fonts from my computer and share files with others but I could never get consistent cuts with my Wishblade. As my friends, one by one, got Cricuts I noticed how easy they were cutting things – but I just couldn’t get past the cost of those cartridges! When I heard that there were programs you could use with the Cricut machine to allow it to work like my Wishblade I jumped on the Cricut bandwagon and haven’t looked back since! I do have a bunch of cartridges – and Design Studio – and plenty of other Provo Craft products – but they can’t compare to the flexibility that comes with using Make The Cut! Add that to the gazillion free files that are out there and I one happy scrapper!

Now – I’ve taken things a bit further – using Storybook Creator Plus – Creative Memories' digital scrapbooking program to create files to cut with my Cricut. I would imagine many of these images are copyrighted –and even though I probably purchased some sort of license when I purchased the digital content I will not be sharing those files created directly from the CM digital content. BUT I can show you how to use SBC+ and MTC! to do this on your own!

I do plan on sharing files that are inspired by and designed to compliment products in the CM traditional scrapbooking line.

Thanks for stopping buy – be sure to browse around. Up top you’ll see links to different pages I have – lots of links to free files, tutorials & other good stuff!

1 comment: